Pour la version française, cliquer ici.
Singing Out Loud Association
Singing Out Loud is an association that aims, through music, at raising not only funds for a particular cause, but also awareness among listeners about issues that receive but poor media attention, by urging to reflect on the role that each and everyone can play, as minor as it may be. .
The first Singing Out Loud‘s project consists in an information campaign and in a fundraising for the Panzi Hospital (DRC). The aim is, on the one hand, to speak about a conflict that gets but little media attention and that has been devastating Eastern DRC for more than twenty years – articles written to that end are available on this website. The first victims of this conflict are the civilians, women in particular on whom rape is used as a war weapon. On the other hand, the aim is, by selling the song “A Prayer To You”, to raise funds for the Panzi Hospital of Dr. Denis Mukwege, Congolese gynaecologist and activist, also known as “the man who mends women”.
These conflicts, of which the causes are numerous and complex, are financed and fed by, among other things, the mining of precious minerals essential to the production of mobile phones and other electronic devices. At our modest level, we can act by supporting financially Dr. Mukwege’s struggle, but above all by behaving more as citizens than as consumers by questioning our role, role which should not be eluded by the supply chain opacity, the hallmark of neoliberal globalisation.
This project would not have been achievable without the voluntary participation of many actors. The quality of their work is equal to their generosity. We thank them from the bottom of our hearts.
- Exem, famous illustrator in Switzerland since the 80s, among things for his committed illustrations.
- Matteo d’Amico – backings vocals & trombone
- Michael Borcard – saxophone
- Antonin Chatelain – drums
- Solal Excoffier – lead guitar
- Mathias Liengme – keyboards, percussions and arrangements
- Léo Marin – rhythm guitar
- Alex Schneiter – backings vocals & trumpet
- Camille & Quentin Chappuis – The I-Twins – composition, arrangement, vocals and production
- Bridge Studio, Geneva. Sound recording by Mathias Liengme.
- Roberto Sánchez, A-lone Ark studio, Spain, sound and musician, famous in the roots reggae world.
- Sam John, Precise Mastering, Ecosse